Church in Atlanta Coronavirus Guidelines
- Although ‘Guidelines for Hosting Meetings’ remains on this page as a reference, we recommend not hosting any meetings
Dear saints in Atlanta,
As we monitor developments related to the novel coronavirus we feel to provide some guidelines in order to keep you, your family, and the saints safe. Please bear in mind that these guidelines may change as healthcare and government authorities receive and analyze new information.
During this time our responsibility is to pray and stand for the Lord’s interests (Eph. 6:10-20), to watchfully shepherd the flock of God (Acts 20:28), to love our neighbors as ourselves (Mark 12:31), and to cooperate with governmental authorities (Romans 13:1).
We will update this page, easily accessible via the “Corona Guidlines” link at the top of
the site, with further information as it becomes necessary.
Adjustments to Meeting Schedules and Format
- The young people’s meeting (tomorrow) this Friday 3/13/20 is cancelled.
- The service groups this coming Saturday 3/14/20 are also cancelled.
- The corporate Lord’s table meeting on 3/15/20 is cancelled. Instead of taking the
table, saints may gather in small groups in homes to pray, sing, and prophesy. We
recommend gatherings of 10-15 at the most. Saints who are already attached to a
small group / home meeting could gather with that group. We also suggest that no meals be eaten together
this Lord’s day. Here is a suggested format for the Lord’s day meeting in the homes.
- There will be no children’s meeting at the hall on Lord’s day; children should be cared for
- There will be no video meeting Lord’s day evening on 3/15/20
- Other adjustments to gatherings will be forthcoming regarding meetings next
Restrictions on Meeting Attendance and Precautionary Measures
- Do not come to any meeting, including home and group meetings, if you are sick or believe that you are falling ill, even with mild symptoms (sore throat, fever, cough, fatigue, muscle aches). Notify the saints in your group or the leading brothers so that you and the other saints can be cared for adequately. It is critical that this restriction be followed very strictly. Your own reaction to the illness may be minor, but the risk to other saints may be very high. Take care of the other members.
- If you have been in contact in the previous two weeks with someone who has contracted coronavirus OR if you have contacted anyone who has traveled from an affected area, which may include large cities of the United States, please do not attend the meetings for two weeks and pay close attention to your health.
- Avoid close physical contact, including shaking hands and hugging.
- Cover all coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the crook of your arm. Dispose of tissues immediately. Wash hands frequently with soap and water (best), or use hand sanitizer if necessary.
- It is better to quarantine yourself and your family members in case of illness rather than to assume that “it’s no big deal.” If symptoms worsen, you must contact your doctor or the local health department who will test and monitor you and tell you when it is safe to discontinue quarantine.
- Carefully consider all travels. Make sure trips are absolutely necessary and do not travel into affected areas or for large meetings.
- If you come to a church meeting and exhibit any symptoms or meet any of the above criteria, you will be asked to return home to prevent potential spread of infection.
Guidelines for Hosting Meetings (not applicable)
- We recommend NOT HOSTING any meetings
- Limit meeting sizes to no more than 20 and preferably around 10 saints.
- If the meeting space is small, reduce the number so as to reduce crowding.
- We recommend sharing food as little as possible and using time spent together more for fellowship and prayer.
- Supplies for good hygiene, including hand soap, paper towels (not cloth), hand sanitizer, etc should be present and available
- Any commonly touched surfaces (counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, trash cans) should be disinfected with an EPA-registered disinfectant, bleach wipes, or 2% chlorine bleach solution before and after meetings. Meeting places should not be used if any occupant of that meeting place is ill or quarantined.
- We will continue to post relevant updates on this web site.
- Some updates we will send out via text broadcast. If you are not on the
church’s broadcast service you can join by texting the word “atlanta” to the
- At times we may use our email list. To join the email list simply go here
to sign up
In closing, dear saints,
We look to the Lord to supply us, lead us, cover us, and protect us. He is our fortress and our hiding
place. We expect the word to grow and prevail in Atlanta as we meet in smaller
groups, and we hope and pray that all the saints magnify Christ in every
Let us all give ourselves to the Lord to experience His daily grace and fresh
leading in the days to come.
Pray for the virus to be stopped. Pray for the hearts of those around to be
opened. Pray for the health and safety of all. And pray for all the churches
on the earth to magnify and minister Christ in the midst of this trial.
Standing together in the Lord,
The elders in the church in Atlanta
last updated 3/13/2020 06:30am